Ambrose Printing Company believes in the importance and significance of the print industry and our CEO John Ambrose works diligently on its behalf. Our beliefs mirror those of the Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS), whose purpose as a trade association is to assist the industry through legislative awareness, economic empowerment and education. In turn, we are delighted to share that John is Chairman of the Board for 2016 – 2017!
In this position, John will continue to defend and promote the industry we love as well by addressing the serious concerns companies, printers and publishers face. For example, he talks specifically about the rise in potentially unethical patent filings and suits that some companies are currently affected by is a an aggravating situation that he hopes to help quell with the support of association members.
In addition to upholding what the printing industry stands for and its current status, John is excited about what “future technologies and advancements can bring for the community”. The “print is dead,” decree that many media outlets professed over the years does not deter or scare, but rather issues a challenge to continually evolve and grow – which printers have embraced. “The need for physical print in some form will always be there,” he says. Package printing and signage are burgeoning and sustainable areas of growth that Ambrose already promotes with great results.
John is a big believer in using the tools of digital marketing and social media to spread awareness of the industry and the benefits – and for ensuring promotion of your business. “Understanding SEO and the need to reach your customers across multiple platforms” keep John and Ambrose Printing ahead of the curve. “Customers use the internet and increasingly mobile phones for help and your company and it’s website needs to be able to meet those needs,” he continues. John is proud of the work that Ambrose and the printing community continue to do and is pleased to be able to promote PIAS over the next year.
PIAS Membership Benefits
– PIAS produces Print South, a magazine which gives its members the latest local information on items such as labor law, sales and use taxes, local training and seminars, management information, local market conditions, and information such as recent mergers and acquisitions as well as who has been promoted, etc.
– PIAS engages in state and local lobbying to protect the interest of the industry. Today, more than ever, we need that voice as most state and local governments are involved in legislation that can have a significant impact on the printer’s bottom line.
– A key service offered by PIAS is insurance programs. Members enjoy savings on their insurance premiums in group programs, such as: workman’s compensation, property and casualty and medical insurance.
– PIAS Credit Union. For the employees and family members of companies that are PIAS members. With assets of around $6 million and chartered in 1961, this not-for-profit financial cooperative is a great place for saving and borrowing. It offers all kinds of loans including auto, boat, personal and credit cards. Also, you can save thru payroll deduction. Savings products offered include regular savings, checking, term certificates, Christmas Club and money market.
– PIAS conducts wage and benefit surveys that provide members with benchmarks against which they can evaluate the wages and benefits they offer their employees.
– PIAS provides members with continuing business management seminars that are held locally and are modestly priced.
– By joining PIAS, you become a member of Printing Industries of America (PIA), formerly PIA/GATF, the largest graphic arts association in the world.